Friday, July 10, 2015

Patriots Resume' - Josh Boyce

What if New England Patriots' head ball coach Bill Belichick required resumes from his players - what would those look like?  We take a stab at them, in alphabetical order...

Dear Coach,

Things just haven't gone as planned during my time in Foxborough, but it's really not too late to get things rolling.

You drafted me knowing that I had a pretty serious toe injury, which affected my participation in camp that year, and I never really caught up all season.  Having Edelman and Amendola coming out of the slot really didn't leave me with many opportunities as a rookie, and there wasn't much for me on the outside with Kenbrell Thompkins making the most of his opportunities while I struggled.

Same thing last season, and you cut me at final cut-downs.  That hurt, even though I know that Thompkins and Tyms performed better than I did in camp.  I took some stupid penalties and ran some wrong routes, but you brought me back onto the practice squad, thinking that I needed the time to really try and absorb the concept-driven passing game.

Normally, the guys that have a hard time adapting to the scheme are gone quickly, but not all of them have 4.38 speed like me.  My problem this season is going to be trying to crack the roster with so much experience ahead of me - Jules, Danny, Jo Jo and Dobs all have a leg up on me but, thankfully, you really didn't bring in any other pass catchers of consequence, so the fifth receiver spot should really be between myself and Tyms.

I really don't have too much else to say, as I need to let my play do the talking on the field, both in practice and, hopefully, the games.  I hope that what I have is enough to reward your confidence in me.

Sincerely,

Josh

Resume'

Education: 

Texas Christian University (TCU)

Work Experience:

2013 - Present - New England Patriots
                           9 receptions, 121 yards (13.4 avg.)
                           9 kick returns, 214 yards (23.8 avg.)

Awards:

2014 - Super Bowl Champion
2013 - Combine top performer

Personal Information:

Born - May 6, 1991 at Columbia, South Carolina
Height - 5' 11"
Weight - 205

Website:

Josh Boyce Player Profile - Foxborough Free Press


No comments:

Post a Comment