Monday, July 27, 2015

Patriots Resume' - Tarell Brown

What if New England Patriots' head ball coach Bill Belichick required resumes from his players - what would those look like?  We take a stab at them, in alphabetical order...

Dear Coach,

Thanks for taking a chance on me!

By signing me this past weekend to a one-year deal, I immediately become the most expereinced corner on the team, and I'm not that far removed from being an impact corner on a Super Bowl team, as my career has been all in the Bay Area, playing with San Francisco for seven seasons before taking a one-year "prove it" deal with Oakland last season.

A broken bone in my foot derailed my aggressive play at free agency in 2015, so I am essentially starting over with another "prove it" deal here in Foxborough.

My injury history is well documented, as I lost part of my 2013 season with the 49ers because of broken ribs, then lost the last couple of games with the Raiders last season to have surgery on my foot.  Still, I was widely considered one of the better free agent corners on the market this spring, but nobody except you took the plunge, despite visiting with several teams who were still wary of the broken bone in my foot.

A starter for most of my career defies my 5th round draft status back in 2007.  Compared favorably to one of your former players, Randall Gay, I am not what you would call flashy - just a smart, studious corner who does his job and prevents the big play, logging 61 passes defended in as many starts.

I bring a plethora of starting experience in the post season and have played in a Super Bowl - which I know several of the players on your depth chart have as well, and now teamed with your holdovers from last season (Malcolm Butler and Logan Ryan) combined with your previous free agent moves (Bradley Fletcher, Derek Cox and Robert McClain), I know that this is a secondary in the midst of a transition, but a transition to what has yet to be decided.

But the secondary has a nice mix of youth and veteran presence, and with your elite safety corps backing us up, this cornerback corps has the makings of a unit that may surprise some folks - and I'm happy to be part of that!

Thanks again,

Tarell

Resume'

Education: 

University of Texas

Work Experience:

2007 - 2013: San Francisco 49ers
                      Regular season: 240 tackles, 61 passes defended, 11 interceptions (1 touchdown)
                      Playoffs: 30 tackles, 7 passes defended, 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble
2014: Oakland Raiders
           Regular season: 55 tackles, 4 passes defended

Awards:

2012 - NFC Champion (San Francisco)
2007 - Tomas Herrion Award (Making the most of his opportunities to make a significant
impact in a rookie season / San Francisco)

Personal Information:

Born: 6 January 1985 at New York City
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 190

No comments:

Post a Comment