Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Patriots Resume' - Aaron Dobson

What if New England Patriots' head ball coach Bill Belichick required resumes from his players - what would those look like?  We take a stab at them, in alphabetical order...

Dear Coach,

The pin is out, the hammy is healed and I'm ready to ball.

I'm not going to use anything as an excuse for missing so much time, because it's not like I was slacking, or that I couldn't pick up the offensive scheme.  I had a broken bone in my foot, the resulting surgeries - plural - requiring massive recovery time, and once the foot was ready last season, the hamstring went rogue and you put me on the IR.

I understand the fans' frustration - second round pick who made spectacular play after spectacular play in college, never dropping a pass my entire senior year on nearly 100 targets, running past defensive backs like they were standing still, and then I get to the pros and it unravels. I get the frustration, but I'm healthy and ready to put it all back together.

At my best, I'm a glider who has the ability to run underneath a ball and make a quarterback look good on his deep throws, with fly paper for hands and a nose for the end zone. I gain my separation from corners with a burst off of my stride - a "second gear" that places all of my body weight on the ball of my foot to gain the proper plantar flexion - but with that broken bone in my foot, I lost full range of motion, and as a result, my burst.

Of course, you are privy to all of this, but did you know that I'm quite the cornerback as well?

Yup, in high school I played both ways and heisted 10 balls in two years, seven of those picks in my senior season, just in case you're planning on using any receivers as cornerbacks this year like you have at points in the past with astonishing success, but that's a concern for another time - right now I'm going to come out in camp, play hard and dedicate to my craft, taking my snaps where I can get them.

I'm under no delusion. I know what people are expecting of me, but I'm not necessarily a deep threat though I certainly have the speed to separate deep - but in this offense I'm more of a horizontal threat, in that I run a lot of crossers, fades and back shoulder stuff along the sidelines for 15 to 20 yards a pop and I'm tall enough to handle the seam.


You're going to see all of this very very soon, and it will feel good to be back out there contributing to the team.

Sincerely,

Dobson


Resume'

Education: 

Marshall University

Work Experience:

2013 - Present: New England Patriots
                         Regular season: 40 receptions, 557 yards (13.9 avg.), 4 touchdowns
                         Playoffs: 2 receptions, 33 yards (16.5 avg.)

Awards:

2014 - Super Bowl Champion
2011 - Beef O' Brady's Bowl MVP

Personal Information:

Born July 23, 1991 at Dunbar, West Virginia
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 200

Website:

Aaron Dobson Player Profile - Foxborough Free Press

No comments:

Post a Comment