Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Patriots Resume' - Jake Bequette

What if New England Patriots' head ball coach Bill Belichick required resumes from his players - what would those look like?  We take a stab at them, in alphabetical order...

Dear Coach,

I kind of figured something was up last season when you had me playing tight end on the scout team.

One week I was Jermaine Gresham, the next week Scott Chandler and then Jace Amaro after that. Now, don't get me wrong, I'll do whatever you ask of me, and I am proud that I could help the team in practice become ready to play every Sunday - but I want to play.

I don't want to be Coby Fleener, Antonio Gates or Owen Daniels, though have been them in abstentia - hell, I don't even want to be Gronk, I just want to be me and play some ball, and if tight end is where you want me, then tight end is where I'll play.  As you know, I played tight end in high school as well as some defensive end, and was recruited to Arkansas as a tight end.

I ended up as a defensive end after redshirting my freshman year - but you know all of this already.

I'm not ready to go to law school yet - well, I mean I am, but I don't want to.  Not yet.  I come from a long line of lawyers and over-achievers in the classroom and graduated with my bachelors in three years, just like they all did.  One day I will join the family business and sue the pants off of anyone you wish - but not now.

A lot of the media are writing that this camp is my last if I can't prove that I belong on the playing field, and that my time spent as a defensive end has largely been a waste of a roster spot, but if that were true I wouldn't be here right now.  You see something in me.  You said that I am ready to compete for a roster spot at tight end and you even changed my jersey number to reflect the position change.

You have already cut Tim and Fred, which means my competition comes down to Hooman and the rookie from my alma mater for what will probably be just one roster spot. Do I have a shot at this? Obviously you think so, or I wouldn't be here.

Sincerely,

Jake (Go Hogs!)

Resume'

Education: 

University of Arkansas - Bachelors Degree in Finance
University of Arkansas - Masters Degree in Sports Management

Work Experience:

2012 - Present - New England Patriots

Awards:

2014 - Super Bowl Champion
2012 - Capital One Academic All-American
2012 - First team All-SEC

Personal Information:

Born - February 21, 1989 at Little Rock, Arkansas
Height - 6' 5"
Weight - 255

Website:

No comments:

Post a Comment