Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Patriots Resume' - Danny Amendola

What if New England Patriots' head ball coach Bill Belichick required resumes from his players - what would those look like?  We take a stab at them, in alphabetical order...

Dear Coach,

Thanks for having my back!

It is amazing how so many people in the media act like it is their money you are spending on players, and even more amazing that they actually bought the idea that you were slashing my pay with a restructured deal that I signed this spring - when in actuality, I still have a very good chance of making every penny off of my original contract, but I understand that I need to stay healthy and in the lineup to do so.

Sometimes, however, I wish you were a little more transparent in dealing with the media, so that fans would know things like I was dealing with the aftermath of my adductor surgery well into the regular season, and had a tough time making the precise cuts that a receiver in this concept-driven offense is required to do - that said, you kept me on the active roster and continued sending me out.

At first, you sent me out to return kicks, something that required more of a straight path through a hole rather than sharp cuts - and with my experiences returning kicks with the Rams in my back pocket, I did ok...and you still kept sending me out.

I really didn't feel like I was all the way back until the last couple of weeks of the regular season, but by then we had already wrapped up the division and then the conference's best record - so by the time the divisional round game against the Ravens came around, I was more than ready to start contributing.

My 427 combined yards in the three post-season games is second only to Minitron's 436, and my three touchdown receptions are tied with that Gronk fella for most on the team during that span - and now that I am completely healthy, I am so looking forward to getting 2015 started so I can prove to everyone who has doubted me that they were wrong to do so.

Everyone except the select few fans who never doubted my talent -and you, because you had my back all along.

Sincerely,

Danny

Resume'

Education: 

Bechelor's Degree, Communications - Texas Tech University

Work Experience:

2013 - Present: New England Patriots
Regular season: 81 receptions, 833 Yards, 3 touchdowns
                         17 punt returns, 145 yards (8.5 avg.); 20 kick returns, 482 yards (24.1 avg.)
Playoffs: 14 receptions, 214 yards, 3 touchdowns
                9 kick returns, 213 yards (23.7 avg.)

2009 - 2012: St. Louis Rams
Regular season: 196 receptions, 1726 yards, 7 touchdowns
                           89 punt returns, 934 yards (10.5 avg.); 118 kick returns, 2776 yards (23.5 avg.)

2009: Philadelphia Eagles (PS)
2008 - 2009: Dallas Cowboys (PS)

Awards:

2014 - Super Bowl Champion
2012 - NFL Record 12 catches in the first half vs. Washington
2010 - NFL All-purpose yards leader (2364)

Personal Information:

Born - November 2, 1985
Height - 5' 11"
Weight - 195

Website:

No comments:

Post a Comment