Friday, July 10, 2015

Patriots Resume' - Brandon Bolden

What if New England Patriots' head ball coach Bill Belichick required resumes from his players - what would those look like?  We take a stab at them, in alphabetical order...

Dear Coach,

Going in to this season, I can see where I have my opportunity to finally make a big impact on offense.

Through my first four years on the team, I've evolved into what you like to call a "Core Four" special teamer, meaning that I play on both kickoff receiving and coverage teams, and also punt receiving and coverage teams.  But I am much more than that, and I intend to compete for carries on offense as well.

Especially as the passing back, as I have great hands out of the backfield and am a capable pass protector.  Shane is gone and I know that the competition for his role in the offense is going to be epic as you still have White, Gaffney, Cadet and Lewis vying for the spot - but I'm even more than that, anyway.

You could call me a four-down back - in fact, you have:
"He plays on all four downs. He's a good early down back, a good third down back and a good fourth down back - one of our best special teams player, certainly one of our best offensive special teams' players along with Slater.  He's a very valuable guy, fills a lot of roles, smart, doesn't need a lot of reps and he has a lot of experience."
As you pointed out in that quote, I have the size and durability to run between the tackles, surprising speed to make the corner and I've already mentioned the hands - but if I don't get the opportunity to make my mark on offense, I really don't have much to complain about as you respect my special teams play enough to have already extended my contract through next season, giving me a nice little pay raise in the process.

So if you decide to remain with the status-quo, I'll be ready if someone goes down, content to know that you respect me as much as I respect you.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Resume'

Education: 

University of Mississippi (Ole' Miss)

Work Experience:

2012 - Present - New England Patriots
                           139 carries, 634 yards (4.6 avg.), 6 touchdowns
                             25 receptions, 171 yards (6.8 avg.)

Awards:

2014 - Super Bowl Champion
2011 - Named best all-purpose running back in SEC

Personal Information:

Born - January 26, 1990 at Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Height - 5' 11"
Weight - 220

No comments:

Post a Comment